Sunday, February 3, 2008

Rainy Sunday


It was a rainy day today, so definitely a nice day to be inside and be a little creative. I was able to put away a lot of things in the workshop and sort things a bit. Also I wanted to try out some of the small molds I had recently acquired. Each piece is about 1/2" across. I made 6 squares and 6 circles. Apparently I didn't put enough frit in the square molds and the glass didn't fill in to the corners, but made round pieces. The finished pieces were attached to a bracelet form.

The other piece with the branch was done with etching cream on the dichroic piece before firing. Once the image was etched on the glass I fused it to a piece of green glass about the same size. I really like the way the gold on the dichroic crackles. Necklace bale attached and I have a necklace!

No comments: