Sunday, February 8, 2009

It has a beak




This week's progress has been a lot of fun. The small bird at the top was finished with glass that was procurred from fellow studiomates and the beak on the toucan was fused. Previously all my fusing efforts have been a lot of experimentation and very eclectic in style.

This was the first time I was trying to do something precise. It had to be a certain shape and fit in the designated spot. My instructor gave me some directions and pointed me to the proper glass and I was on my own. When the pieces were ready we put them in the kiln for an overnight firing. I was hopeful. But sometimes things don't always go according to plan.

When I got back to the studio the next morning I made a beeline for the kiln to find a great surprise. I am extremely happy with my results.




No comments: