Sunday, August 3, 2008

Beginning the project



After the pattern and glass is chosen the cutting and pinning fun begins. Here are a few pics to show that process.

Right now the piece doesn't look too much different than the fully pinned picture except that the pins are disappearing and there are glass pieces underneath the pattern pieces. There is a little blood on the pattern pieces too, this is glass after all and there are some sharp edges and slivers to contend with. Nothing a little soap, water, bandaid and a piece of chocolate won't fix though.

So far all the background, leaves and branches have been cut and I am now trying to finish up the flower pieces. Probably 75% of the surface area is done, but maybe only 50% of the pieces are cut. There are a lot of flower pieces!!!

The glass is just beautiful by itself and if I can I will get some pictures of what I have left. It reminds me a lot of quilting and picking out fabric and then seeing how it looks after being cut into smaller pieces. But I can't see all of that yet! Soon, it will be revealed soon.

1 comment:

kdj said...

Wow! Look at all those pins ... looking forward to seeing the piece take shape.