Sunday, August 3, 2008

Free time? Who has free time?


As previously mentioned I started a new project. It is a stained glass project and I'm getting excited to see how it comes out.

In the beginning it is an idea and a pattern. I wanted to do some kind of flower and the wisteria seemed to fit the bill. The piece is going to be approximatemately 5' x 2'. Yes, that is five feet by 2 feet. This thing is huge! There are 640 pieces. Does that sound like a lot? It is, but someone else just started a first project that is smaller in area size with almost 200 more pieces than mine. Can you say intricate? Mine doesn't have too many tiny pieces and I'm thankful for that.

The instructor at the studio wants beginners to start with large projects. They have great success, so I trust them on this.

After the pattern has been decided on, the glass is chosen and the fun begins.

No comments: